View my LinkedIn profile for a comprehensive look at my work and experience.
Arizona State University
Masters of Mass Communication, May 2009
University of Illinois at Chicago
B.A., Political Science and Communications, December 2004
Gangplank Collective – June 2010-present
Global Operations Director
Known affectionately as Gangplank Mom, my role consists of putting ideas into action, overseeing the 501c3 and operations of multiple Gangplank locations, supporting initiatives and ensuring the vision of Gangplank’s original founders continues to move forward.
- As Director of Operations for the Chandler location, oversaw day-to-day operations of the space, including 15 Anchor companies, 50+ in daily visitors, 8 conference rooms and coordination of multiple events
- As Global Operations Director, oversaw operations of 501(c)(3) including budgeting, accounting, and legal, supervised 20+ staff, headed national initiatives and coordinated strategic partnerships
- Organized and executed events for 150+ attendees
- Plan and lead annual leadership conference for Gangplank staff
- Built Affiliate program, extending Gangplank to 5 locations in two states & Canada over 2 years
- Trained Gangplank Affiliate location Directors on operations, culture and programming
- Created organizational structures for multiple initiatives, volunteers, and interns
- Headed PR/Marketing efforts including website content, press relations, video editing and social media accounts
- Advocated on behalf of small business and startups to local/state government institutions
Raising Arizona Kids magazine – August 2009-May 2010
Community Relations Manager
- Provide content, monitor and develop all social networks (i.e. Twitter, etc)
- Execute public relations strategies including focus groups, press releases and event planning
- Oversee customer relations and distribution of magazine
- Write blog focused on community events and issues
Social Media Producer – October 2008 – May 2010
Clients contract me to develop their respective online brands. I perform online audits and provide recommendations on the social media tools that would best fit in with their re-branding and communication strategies. If the client takes it to the next level, I am then responsible for carrying out those plans including creating profiles, building a follower base, providing content updates and executing traditional PR tactics.
Past clients: Raising Arizona Kids, Thunderbird School of Global Management, Banner Health Foundation, Ear Candy, Chandler Center for the Arts, Angles PR, Blair Singer, YWCA, Albert Gaulden
Teach for America — October 2007 – June 2008
- Assisted Senior Managing Director of Program
- Provided logistical support for corps members professional development programs
- Created and formated communication blast to corps members and program directors
- Responsible for organizational systems, including trackers, hiring and reviews.